The FReeZA Push Start Battle of the Bands competition showcases young musicians from around Victoria, giving them the opportunity to perform, gain local exposure, and win their way to a spot on the Push Over festival line up. There’s also a bunch of cool prizes they can win from our generous sponsors (check out the prize list below).
Regional heats are hosted by FReeZA Committees each year from February to August, with the winners going on to compete in Regional Finals from October to December. The Grand Final is held at the annual Push Over festival in March. Each FReeZA Committee that hosts a heat is supported to ensure that FReeZA Push Start is not only a platform for young performers, but a platform for young event organisers and promoters alike.
» More Push Start information (external link)
Are you in a young band and looking for the chance to perform, gain local exposure, and possibly win your way to grabbing a spot on the 2014 Push Over line up along with a bunch of other cool prizes?
Then you need to get in contact with your local FReeZA group and register your interest for the FReeZA Push Start Battle of the Bands comp asap!!!
Which committees are calling for bands to enter?
Check out the latest committees calling for bands to enter their Push Start battles here.
If you’re not sure and you haven’t heard anything, get proactive and find the contact details of Your Local FReeZA Committee to find out!
Where to get an application form?
Jump onto The Push website Resources page to download the 'Artist Application' document, fill it in and submit it to your local FReeZA worker.
What is the major prize for winning the Grand Final at Push Over 2014?
- Day of engineering, producing, recording and mixing from Hothouse Studios;
- Jack The Bear Deluxe Mastering session;
- Multi-camera studio film clip filmed/produced and edited by JMC Academy;
- Pressing of 500 copies of your recording and a graphic design layout session by DEX Audio;
- $1000 poster/flyer printing campaign from Shout Out Loud Print;
- Kit of 'band supplies' including a Mapex snare drum, Vater drum sticks, Elixir guitar and bass strings, Samson vocal mic, DI and headphones and Hercules mic and guitar stands from Electric Factory;
- Tee Shirt run of 50x 1 colour print (valued at $500) from Love Police
- Merchandise hosting from Fist2Face in physical and online stores
- $1000 package of "Hard Rocker" bean bags from King Kahuna;
- $1000 Plakkit poster campaign;
- Digital Distribution campaign by Valleyarm;
- Artist Feature on The Push website; and
- Artist interview / feature article in Beat Magazine.
Upcoming Battle events in 2013
Boroondara Youth Services and Freeza
@ St Davids Hall, Camberwell
Contact: Selina Jenkins / 9835 7829 / Selina.Jenkins@boroondara.vic.gov.au
Mitchell Shire and FReeZA
@ Hudson Park, Kilmore
Contact: Buffy Leadbetter / (03) 5734 6313 / email@example.com
Nillumbik Shire and Shoestring Events
@ Diamond Creek Community Centre
Contact: Denzil Bentley / 9433 3327 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Alpine Shire and Alpine Crew @ Bright Courthouse
Contact: Lili Korndorffer / 0438 365 369 / email@example.com
Yarra Ranges and Level Up committee – Heat 1
@ Red Earth Gallery, Mooroolbark
Contact: Sean Daly / (03) 9294 6825
@ Mildura Settlers Club
Contact: Yazmin Cox / 5018 8280 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Monash Youth Services and Quicksound Productions
Contact: Catherine Andrews & Siobhan Hardiman / (03) 9518 3900 / email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Darebin Shire and Where Is Marras? Productions
@ Northcote Town Hall
Contact: Kate Ducan / (03) 8470 8001 / email@example.com
Whitehorse City and Flying Pig Events
@ Box Hill Community Arts Centre
Contact: Amy McDonald / (03) 9898 9340 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top.